Thursday, August 25, 2011

Amigurumi Books arrive!

Now that I have finished Fred, I decided to get serious about doing some amigurumi dolls.  After hunting about in amazon, I decided to start with a set of three books by Ana Paula Rimoli:

Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet

Amigurumi Two

Amigurumi Toy Box

(The above links will send you to amazon.com.)

She shares cute stories about how her children play with them, or how the idea for the toy originated.  The patterns are pretty straight forward.  They all use single crochet, so there is no difficult stitch pattern to master, just the easy  rounds that make up the toys.  So as a reviewer, I highly recommend the books - the photos are great, and your creative juices will start flowing.

I am attempting to make one of her owls.  It began as a baby owl, and now is going to be something between the baby and the mommy.  (I did warn you I am pattern challenged, right?)  I think my mistake was not using a stitch marker for the rows.  But it is definitely going to be one cute owl!

Bottom line: If you ever wanted to see what amigurumi was all about, these books are a great visual introduction, with plenty of patterns to get you going on your own set.

No comments:

Post a Comment