Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Black Authors: Cozy Mysteries

I am starting a series of posts on black authors and on racism.  For this post, I searched for black authors in one of my favorite genres, cozy mysteries.  I am always looking for new series, and I was excited to find these.  Several of these suggestions came from a video by Intentionally Bookish, a booktuber who does a lot of cozy mystery videos.

And here without further ado is the list:

A Spell For Trouble, Esme Addison - available now on Kindle and on July 7, 2020 in hardcover

Murder, Mayhem, and A Fine Man, Claudia Mair Burney

The Plot is Murder, VM Burns

A Deadly Inside Scoop, Abby Collette

Death of an Idiot Boss, Janice Croom

Sex, Murder and a Double Latte, Kyra Davis

Murder In G Major, Alexia Gordon

Sweet and Salty Treachery, ME Harmon

Going Nowhere Fast, Gar Anthony Haywood

Deep Fried Trouble, Tyora Moody

Devil in a Blue Dress, Walter Mosley

Blance On The Lam, Barbara Neely (Kindle or Audio)

Secrets, Lies, and Crawfish Pies, Abby L. Vandiver

All of these links go to Amazon (no, I am not affiliated with them) but please try to use a local bookstore or a black owned bookstore when you can.

Any mistakes on this list are totally mine.  I hope you found a lot of books to add to your To Be Read pile!  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment